- The ProMILL* trip-saving milling and underreaming system combines a bridge plug assembly, section mill, and high-ratio underreamer in one single-trip solution, achieving rock-to-rock zonal isolation and preparing the foundation for an abandonment cement barrier.
- Performing operations in the same trip not only saves rig time but ensures a more predictable performance.
- Compared with perf-and-squeeze methods, the ProMILL system eradicates all potential leak paths including channeling, microannuli, and mudcake from the abandonment barrier, enhancing annular remediation
ProMILL™ Milling and Underreaming System
Case Study –
Integrated Well Abandonment System Eliminates Trips and Saves More Than 24 Hours per Well
- Mill a window in 9 5/8-in casing and underream open hole to enable rock-to-rock barrier placement in a single trip P&A operation.
- Use ProMILL system to complete operations in a single trip.
- Milled and underreamed a 85-ft window at MD of 9,000 ft with a single assembly.
- Repeated operation on three wells.
- Saved more than 24 hours per well.