- The ProMILL* trip-saving milling and underreaming system combines a bridge plug assembly, section mill, and high-ratio underreamer in one single-trip solution, achieving rock-to-rock zonal isolation and preparing the foundation for an abandonment cement barrier.
- Performing operations in the same trip not only saves rig time but ensures a more predictable performance.
- Compared with perf-and-squeeze methods, the ProMILL system eradicates all potential leak paths including channeling, microannuli, and mudcake from the abandonment barrier, enhancing annular remediation
Case Study –Integrated Well Abandonment System Eliminates Trips and Saves More Than 24 Hours per Well Challenge
- Mill a window in 9 5/8-in casing and underream open hole to enable rock-to-rock barrier placement in a single trip P&A operation.
- Use ProMILL system to complete operations in a single trip.
- Milled and underreamed a 85-ft window at MD of 9,000 ft with a single assembly.
- Repeated operation on three wells.
- Saved more than 24 hours per well.